CTX-10 Amateur HF Transceiver (last update 9JAN2018)
Receiver & Transmitter Tuning Resolution (cursor control): 1 MHz, 100 -10 - 1 kHz, 100 - 10 Hz.
Transmitter: 80m - 10m QRP and 10 W Push-Pull Rugged PA.
- Modes: CW, USB, LSB, Upper Sideband - data.
- Nine (9) bands: 80-60-40-30-20-17-15-12-10 meters, with 5 switched low pass filters with > 50 dB harmonic suppression.
- Precision I-Q modulator for SSB and SSB-data provides > 55 dB carrier and opposite-sideband suppression on all bands, all frequencies.
- RF output selectable at 1W, 5W and 10W.
- Keyer input jack (3.5mm) for paddles.
- Audio input/output (6-pin DIN) analog input/output to interface with sound card (data-modes).
- Microphone input with limiting pre-amplifier (with built in compression and noise gate). Microphone not supplied.
Automatic Antenna Tuner. Relay controlled (6-switched series inductors and 8-switched shunt capacitors) with an automatic tuning algorithm with memory.
Receiver Tuning Range.
- General Coverage 150 KHz - 30.0 MHz.
- 150 - 540 kHz Longwave –see Hardware limitations below.
- 540 - 1710 kHz AM-Broadcast.
- 1.7 - 4.0 MHz Amateur 160m – 80m
- 4.0 - 7.5 MHz Amateur 60m – 40m
- 7.5 - 14.5 MHz Amateur 30m – 20m
- 14.5 - 21.0 MHz Amateur 17m
- 21.0 - 30.0 MHz Amateur 15m – 12m – 10m
- Tuner: Dual conversion, low –IF with 3 stages of digital attenuation (similar to pre-amp and IF-amplifier control).
- Digital I-Q sampling, 32-bit DSP driving a digital audio CODEC.
- DSP demodulation algorithm modes: SSB, CW, DSB-AM.
- Manual or automatic Mode selection (based on tuned frequency).
- Manual or automatic Channel filter selections: User selectable, fixed bandwidth (DSP).
- Automatic -Filter Width select with override (manual selection).
- International Broadcasting: manual or auto-selection: 5 kHz steps.
Receiver Performance (80m - 10m amateur bands)
- Sensitivity: < -110 dBm (2.6 kHz SSB filter) with 10 dB S/N.
- MDS (minimum discernible signal) CW: nominally -135 dBm in 500 Hz Bandwidth.
Receiver Audio System - Digital CODEC (digital audio from DSP)
- Speaker Driver: 0.8 W into 8 Ohm load.
- Headset Driver: 40 mW into 16 Ohms. (3.5 mm stereo jack).
- Internal 30 x 40 mm oval, Mylar-cone speaker.
- External monaural speaker jack (3.5 mm stereo jack - back panel).
Antenna Input 50 Ohm – BNC (female)
- 1.5" diagonal - 64 x 128 OLED Display with EMI-filtered lens.
- Readable outdoors (not in direct sunlight) and manually dimmable.
Power Supply Requirements. (External-provided by user)
- 30 W minimum wall transformer. 12-18VDC typical. Accepts any voltage 5V – 20VDC.
- Power Jack: 2.5 mm diameter-center pin (+) x 5 mm diameter barrel).
Internal Rechargeable L-Ion Batteries: Three (3) Internal Lithium-Ion rechargeable batteries in series.
- Automatically charges the optional internal batteries with the radio powered ON or OFF.
- Receive: 2.5 Watts Typical
- Transmit: 20 Watts Typical (10 RF output. Includes all circuitry and TX modulator RF PA’s)
USB Mini-B 2.0 Jack (Not Powered)
- Software updates via 'Dropbox' with automated email notifications.
- I-Q data and radio controls via USB port
- CommRadio supplied basic 200 kHz Spectrum-Scope PC GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- Overall Size: 5.61” W x 1.55” H x 6.0” D (not including knobs, jacks, feet).
- Weight: 2 lb. – 0 oz.
- Knobs: Machined Aluminum – Black Anodized.
- Front Panel and Enclosure: Die-Cast Magnesium Alloy. Finish Satin-black.
ESD Protection: ESD Diodes on: Antenna port(s), Power Jacks, USB Port, Keys, and Knobs.
Hardware Design Limitations:
- Receiver: LW (150 kHz - 530 kHz): The tuner is programmed to provide tuning to 150 kHz and a pre-selector is provided. The sampling IF and switching power supplies are also in this range and signals from other bands can be heard. Performance is not guaranteed in this range and is provided for experimental purposes.
- Transmitter: Not available on 160m and 6m. FM not available.
Regulatory Compliance: FCC and Industry Canada. North American Sales Only.
Origin & Warranty: Designed and Manufactured in USA.Limited 1 year warranty: parts, labor, workmanship.